Taken directly from page 12 of Memories of a Community at Turners Station.
The church was organized at the log cabin schoolhouse of Rock Bridge Road by Rev. Frye in 1878. At the time it was Presbyterian.
The church has been active since it was organized, and the average attendance is good. Donnie and Bobby Daniels sitting in the yard of the Parsonage. Crescent Chapel Church and School are in the background.